Thursday, November 12, 2015

11/12/15. The post where I'm not a super hero...or am I?

11/12/15: after my flare up last week, I gradually improved over several days and I've managed to keep a delicate balance for the last few days.  I can feel it chasing me, but so far I've stayed one step ahead of it.  It's an important week at work and at home and I don't have time for any RSD foolishness.

After a long day at work for both of us, my patient, long-suffering husband and I cooked a delicious, healthy dinner together.  That hasn't happened in...well, in way too long.  And we really enjoyed it.  But by the time we finished, my foot was ready to call it a day, so I settled in on the couch and we watched a movie. What movie, you ask? Avengers: Age of Ultron.   I know, at least half of you are saying, "You know that movie came out six months ago, right?"  But for us, seeing a movie within six months of its release date is a speed record.

As I watched them defy death countless times and save the planet yet again, I felt a little lame sitting on the couch with my foot propped up on pillows.  I don't think I'll be answering any super hero want ads any time soon.  But as I thought back on my week, I felt a little better.  I don't think anyone would have faulted me for lying around all week feeling sorry for myself.  But I didn't. Did I kill a bunch of bad guys?  No.  Did I perform any death-defying stunts?  No.  Did I save the planet from imminent annihilation?  No.  But in my own small way, I made the world a better place.  I completed a major accomplishment this week at work that will help a lot of people, although most of them will never know about it.  And, did I mention I also did a lot of work at home for a big concert tomorrow night?  And I've done all these things with HAL set to 11.  Maybe I'll check the super hero want ads after all.  Although I've never looked good in Lycra...


No comments:

Post a Comment