Thursday, November 5, 2015

11/5/15. The post where a day with a flare up can still be a great day.

11/5/15: I've been hanging on all week, feeling like I was on the verge of a big flare up, but never quite there. Until this morning.  I woke up before the alarm went off to heavy rain and burning feet. Yes, feet. Plural. Looks like the nerve blocks in my left foot may have played out.  They were great while they lasted.

I gave myself the usual pep talk and got up to get ready. But after about twenty minutes, it was clear that it was going to take more than a pep talk today.  I checked my work calendar and - hallelujah - no pressing meetings or other tasks I couldn't take care of from home.  So, it was back into bed for awhile until I could muster up the fortitude to walk downstairs and fling myself onto the couch for the day.  I was actually fairly productive.  It's amazing what you can accomplish with wifi and a laptop.  And a patient, long-suffering husband who doesn't mind playing nurse and chef.

But before you start thinking it was a bad day, let me tell you the good news.  Mom got the results today from her most recent body scan.  The one remaining tumor continues to shrink, a residual effect of the recent radiation.  And more importantly, no new spots!  So, not only was it a great day, the upcoming holidays are going to be great as well.  

And speaking of "holidays", you may not have heard, but this month is CRPS/RSD awareness month.  (I'm certainly keenly aware of it right now.)  It is being called "Nervember" on some social media, which I find hysterical in my current addled state.  Happy Nervember, y'all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment