Sunday, August 2, 2015

8/2/15. The post where I rest...sort of.

8/2/15: on Thursday night, I was feeling pretty confident, but by Friday morning I was nervous.  Even sitting in the office in my comfiest sandals, both feet were cranky and the stimulator wasn't doing much good. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to spend all afternoon on my feet getting ready for the party and then actually make it through the party.

But never fear, my patient, long-suffering husband came to the rescue, as always.  By the time I got home from my half-day at work, he had gotten the house ready, cleaned out both fridges, and done all the grocery shopping.  I'm not the only tornado in our tiny family.  Because of all his hard work, we were able to spend the afternoon prepping at a leisurely pace, with frequent rest stops (at least, for me).  A few friends arrived early to help with last-minute work and we were ready to party!

We had a great time, and we think our guests did, too.  I feel very fortunate to know so many nice (and fun) people.  It was a late night, but some guests stayed to help us clean up afterward, which made Saturday morning much more bearable. I spent Saturday finishing the clean-up, rehearsing with my acting partner, and having dinner with my patient, long-suffering husband's parents.  Today included church, errands, and chores.  All in all, a pretty restful weekend, at least by my standards.

My left foot feels much better after some rest, but for my right foot, the magic is officially gone.  I even went back to the stimulator program that worked so well last time, with no luck.  RSD continues to confound me.  But I am in good company.  It also continues to confound everyone who is diagnosed with it and the doctors who treat it.  My life lesson in patience continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment