Monday, August 3, 2015

8/3/15. The post where I try not to screw up anything.

8/3/15: first decent night of sleep in more than a week.  And as a result, I woke up even more tired than usual.  But I forgot all about being tired pretty quickly after getting to work. This was one of those crazy, stressful, multitasking Mondays.  At one point, I found myself talking on the phone with one colleague while texting another colleague while proofreading a document on my computer.  As far as I know, I didn't screw up anything.

After work, I did some filming for a short film project in my acting class.  We are making a five minute short film and so far, we've done about three hours of filming.  (Now I see why movies take so long to make and cost so much.)  We were filming outside in the heat and I was in full costume, including a wig, so it was all I could do to concentrate on my lines and not sweat off all my makeup.  As far as I know, I didn't screw up anything.

The next few days will be busy as well, in part because we are about to go on a trip to celebrate my patient, long-suffering husband's birthday, which is a significant one.  I won't tell you how old he will be out of respect for his privacy, but I can tell you it starts with a 5, ends with a 0, and rhymes with "shifty." There is a lot to do between now and then, and I hope I don't screw up anything. 

Technically, I guess I have screwed up one thing. Or at least, my feet have. It's time to admit I am having a full-on flare up.  I'm still only in the 5-6 range in my right foot and 2-3 in my left foot, but after having such good fortune for awhile, it feels worse.  Hoping it's just a temporary setback, because I have too many other things to not screw up.


No comments:

Post a Comment