Saturday, September 12, 2015

9/12/15. The post where I insist on having a good day.

9/12/15: the long-awaited "cool front" finally came in last night.  The temperature only dropped ten degrees, but more importantly, the humidity is gone, which made me do my happy dance. While the front was strong enough to make the humidity disappear, it was not strong enough to make my flare up disappear.  At least not with the same speed.

Both feet were in a bad way this morning, it was a rare Saturday with almost nothing on the calendar, and all I wanted to do was stay in bed all day and whine.  But I didn't.  I know from experience that doesn't really do any good.  So I got up and fixed myself a decadent breakfast.  Then I resolved to stay busy and enjoy the beautiful day.  I walked two miles.  (Which, I assure you, felt miserable physically but great emotionally.)  I ran errands in the convertible with the top down. I did a bunch of household chores. Then, when I'd had enough, I sat on the patio with a glass of wine and looked out at the city, reminding myself how lucky I am.

My day isn't over. My patient, long-suffering husband has a gig tonight, so I am going to a concert.  Afterward, we and our musician guest have a date with college football.  Thank goodness for DVR.  This is the worst I've felt in awhile, but it's also the nicest day I've had in awhile.  What a difference ten degrees make.



No comments:

Post a Comment