Tuesday, July 14, 2015

7/14/15. The post where I am prescription-free again.

7/14/15: my neck did not heal as quickly as I had hoped.  Monday morning I was still in a lot of pain, so I made plans to go back to the doctor to talk about plan B.  The pain medicine my doctor had prescribed did not appear to be doing anything (other than making me loopy, which as you know is my usual reaction), so I quit taking it.  I went to work, resolving to call the doctor's office as soon as it opened.

And then a funny thing happened.  I got really busy working and when I finally looked up, it was lunchtime and I realized I felt exponentially better.  So, I didn't need a plan B after all. I was really surprised, because I expected it to improve gradually, not in a sudden burst.  But I'll take it.  And the really good news is that I'm off the pain medication and I feel like a human again.  A sleepy human, because after a week of medication-assisted sleep, I didn't feel much like sleeping Monday night, but it was a small price to pay.

Mom started her radiation treatment Monday and so far, all is well.  (We were a little disappointed to learn that it was not enough radiation to give her superpowers.  Fortunately, she kept the receipt for her Spiderwoman suit, so she can return it.)  Two treatments down, 28 to go.  For the rest of us, it will be over quickly, although I know it seems like an eternity for her.  But she'll deal with it like a champ, because that's how she rolls.

I'm still having fairly good luck with my foot.  As I mentioned earlier, I have found a comfortable setting on my stimulator, where I can turn it up to a higher amplitude without going nuts.  Eventually, it will stop being effective and I'll have to change it, but for the moment it ain't broke, so I won't fix it.  The only real issue I've had in the last week was after a grocery store trip this evening.  For some reason, grocery store trips are always an issue.  But after a bit of rest on the couch with a glass of champagne to celebrate Bastille Day, I feel much better.  Vive la France!

No comments:

Post a Comment