Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/15/15. The post where I share random thoughts.

7/15/15: I am too tired tonight to come up with a coherent post, so here are a few random thoughts to enjoy:

- I walk two miles every morning before work, and at this time of year I see a lot of deer on my walk. Right now, I regularly see five fawns with their moms...two sets of twins and a single.  I am always surprised that our small, fairly urban area can support so many fawns each year, but it certainly makes my walk more interesting.

- Last night, I made a cake and frosting from scratch for a get-together after work today.  I don't do that very often, but I'm always glad when I do.  I won't win any cake decorating contests any time soon, but it tasted great and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

- I am in a continuing education class for the next two days.  It's the same class I take every year and frankly, it's not that interesting, but after a tedious and tiring work week, I am looking forward to it.

- The Tour de France continues to be fascinating.  If you've never seen it, you should watch at least one stage.  Lots of crashes, injuries, surprise finishes, and unexpected turns of events.  In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine riding it.  It's amazing what crazy things human beings will do.  And I'm just talking about the spectators.  


- I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of my stimulator.  But it could also be the fact that the weather has been consistently hot and sunny for the last week or so.  I'm still getting a lot of crazy color patterns, but my pain level has been very manageable, so I can live with the colors.  

- And speaking of colors, apparently a lot of people have missed knowing what color nail polish I am wearing. (And the really interesting part is how many of those people are men.)  For those inquiring minds, I am currently wearing The Thrill of Brazil from the OPI Brazil collection.  You're welcome.

- Any day that ends with a photo of your three year old nephew wearing underwear on his head is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment