Sunday, March 2, 2014

3/2/14. The post where I extol the virtues of wine.

3/2/14: guess what works better than almond milk to help me sleep? A glass of wine.  I've been abstaining recently for diet purposes, but I had a glass last night after our winery visits and I slept really well.  When I woke up this morning, the cold front was blowing in and the pain level had crept up to a 7, so I was surprised it hadn't woken me up. I may have to rethink this diet... 

I tried the cowboy boot trick again at church this morning and it worked pretty well, considering the weather.  This afternoon, I went a different direction.  Yes, I own these.  Don't judge.
I'm a little torn.  They definitely irritate my foot (and everyone's eyes), but they are nice and warm on a cold, rainy afternoon.  I think I'll wear them for as long as I can tolerate it.  As I've mentioned, it's always a delicate dance, especially on bad weather days.

In other news, I made it through a week with no PT appointments and I did my exercises every day.  Go, me!  I have two appointments scheduled late in the coming week, so we'll see if my PT is as impressed with me as I am with myself.  I don't know if the core exercises are giving me any immediate pain relief, but they don't seem to be doing any harm and I am certainly getting toned up.  (I'm also finally starting to lose a little of the weight I gained when this ordeal started.  At least I was before I added wine back to the diet this weekend.  Priorities...I can't fix everything at once.)

I also have another doctor appointment later in the week, where we'll plan the next steps. I'll spend the next few days getting my thoughts together so I can give him a good assessment of the last two weeks.  So far, I've got: 

Likes - wine, new shoes, sleep, gummy vitamins
Dislikes - almond milk, cold, rain

Hmm...I'm going to have to do better than that.  That probably describes 95% of the population.  I'll work on it this week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment