Sunday, March 30, 2014

3/30/14. The post where I feel a change coming.

3/30/14: woke up around 4am Saturday morning because...well, because.  I was pretty groggy much of Saturday morning, due to either my early wake up time or the last vestiges of the sedative.  My foot was still pretty angry, but it was hard to get too upset about it on such a pretty day.

It was a beautiful, sunny spring Saturday and I got to spend a lazy day with my patient, long-suffering husband for the first time in too long.  Errands around town, afternoon drinks and snacks on a deck at a restaurant downtown, and a simple dinner on the patio with friends.  Nearly as perfect a day as I can imagine.  Still had the weird rotating sensations of normal RSD pain and then the numb, tingling feeling.   You know what it feels like when you sit on your foot for way too long and then you start walking on it? Now multiply that by about ten and that's what it felt like. Annoying? Yes. Better than the usual pain? Maybe.  At least it was something different.

Got a decent night's sleep Saturday night, again for the first time in too long.  Woke up inspired today and got four loads of laundry and a load of dishes done before church.  It was nice to see my friends and sing in choir.  Things are starting to feel normal again.  At least, as normal as my life gets.  Today, it seems like the tingling sensation is more prevalent than the usual pain.  I'm still not prepared to say it is an improvement, but it does give me hope that a change is coming.  Maybe the next nerve block on Thursday will be the tipping point.  In any event, it is another beautiful day.  I enjoyed some more time on my patio this afternoon and I have it on good authority my parents were doing the same thing 200 miles away. It's hard to be away from them right now, but at least it feels a little more like I am there when we are having a shared experience.

Steeling myself for the crazy week ahead.  I will face it with clean clothes and dishes, freshly done hair and nails, a good night's sleep, a tingling foot, and a good attitude.  Hoping the rest of you are at least as fortunate.


No comments:

Post a Comment