Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3/4/14. The post where my patient, long-suffering husband fixes (nearly) everything.

3/4/14: I was right about the delayed work start today.  Our office was closed until noon due to the Great Thundersleet Storm of 2014.  Which was fortunate for me, since not much sleep happened.  When I checked emails this morning, I had notes from two different friends with excellent suggestions for keeping my feet warm.  I have plenty of faults, but at least I have great taste in friends!

I dug out my warmest wool hiking socks, slid on my cowboy boots (which are not as comfortable when worn with my warmest wool hiking socks) and went to work for the reminder of the day.  I've been in the 8.5-9 range all day, but at least it never got any worse.  The good news is that this was likely the last really cold snap in my home city.  The bad news?  I have to go to DC for training next Tuesday through Thursday and I just checked the weather forecast.
Seriously???  Good thing I got a couple of really good suggestions for keeping warm this morning, because it looks like I will need them sooner rather than later.

But let's talk for a moment about my patient, long-suffering (and very handy) husband.  During the last week, in addition to a broken wife, he's been dealing with a broken garage door, a broken garbage disposal, and a broken elevator. (Yes, we have an elevator in our house.  We live in a brownstone-style three-story condo where all the living and sleeping areas are on the upper floors. Anyone who knows my history of accidents, injuries, and unexpected surgeries knows the elevator was a necessity, not a luxury.)

Thanks to his handiwork, all are fully functional today.  Except for the wife.  She's still broken, but she's working on it.  This one's going to take more than a hacksaw and wrench.  He knew my warranty had expired when he signed on, but I wouldn't blame him for secretly searching our state's lemon laws.  Luckily for me, he's always up for a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment