Monday, March 31, 2014

3/31/14. The post where I make a great fried egg sandwich.

3/31/14: slept poorly again last night, but not necessarily because of my foot.  I'm just not in a good sleeping groove right now. I spent the day rotating again between the usual symptoms and the tingling pain.  It's a little hard to put a pain number on the tingling, but on the irritation scale (if there is such a thing), it's probably in the 5-6 range.  Somewhere in the vicinity of "fingernails on chalkboard".  But on the bright side, the RSD pain has also stayed mostly in the 5-6 range.  That may not sound any better to you, but it does seem like an improvement to me.  Baby steps.

But I don't want to talk about that right now.  I want to talk about the delicious fried egg sandwich I made for dinner.  I have handbell practice on Monday nights after work and it's always a scramble to find something quick to eat for dinner.  There weren't a lot of options in the fridge tonight, but I had some multigrain bread, an egg, and a little balsamic vinegar-flavored parmigiano reggiano cheese, so I was set.  I love fried egg sandwiches and I make them often, but I don't usually do as good a job as I did tonight. For once, I cooked the egg perfectly - not too dry, with just the slightest bit of runny yolk.  With toasted bread and the cheese melted on top, it was exactly what I needed and I ate it way too quickly. I thought about making a second one, but I wasn't sure I could recreate it and it might have ruined the moment.

I know, I know - enough about the fried egg sandwich already.  Sometimes it's the simple things, though.  The last few months have been trying, to say the least, but it's never more than one fried egg sandwich away from being a really good day.  

Tomorrow evening after work I leave for a brief business trip.  Fortunately it's just a one hour, nonstop flight, the weather will be nice, I am traveling with co-workers, and I will have a driver after I get to my destination. A much better scenario for my first post-RSD business trip than the DC trip I scrapped what seems like ages ago.  I wonder if I'll be able to talk one of my co-workers into making me a fried egg sandwich...

No comments:

Post a Comment