Saturday, March 1, 2014

3/1/14. The post where I make a couple of interesting discoveries.

3/1/14: I did sleep in shifts, but when you put together all the shifts, I got a decent amount of sleep and had a good day. (That's two good days in a row, for those of you keeping score at home.)  Hung out in the 5.5-6 range all day, which is a rare treat these days.

I spent most of the morning working on the computer and I made an interesting discovery.  If I adjust the chair high enough, my foot is completely suspended.  It always feels best when there is nothing touching it (and that is not always easy to accomplish).  Ultimately, I need to be using my foot as normally as possible, but every now and then it is nice to have some relief.  

In the late afternoon, we made a trip to some local wineries with friends and I made a second interesting discovery.  While dressing for the excursion, I decided to try on a pair of my cowboy boots just for kicks.  (Pardon the pun.)  While the toes of the boots are pointed, they are wide and turn upward, which means they don't touch my big toe or the top of my foot at all when I am sitting.  Even when I am standing, it feels pretty good, at least on a 5.5 kind of day.  Not sure why I didn't think of that before, but looks like I'll be a cowgirl more often in the near future.

It was a lovely afternoon and I think I am getting the hang of pacing myself.  I am hopeful the downward trend of the last two days continues. Tomorrow, another wet cold front comes through, so I'm trying to enjoy this while it lasts.  Giddyup, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment