Sunday, June 29, 2014

6/29/14. The post where we have jet lag and a special visitor.

6/29/14: we got home very late last night, or rather, very early this morning.  We managed to get in a few hours of sleep before my patient, long-suffering husband had to go to work to prepare for services this morning.  I woke up feeling relatively refreshed, so I joined him.  Afterward, we had our only meal of the day, but it was a special one - Mexican food for the first time in three weeks.  One last send-off before the big diet begins Monday morning.  I stepped on a scale this morning for the moment of truth.  Six pounds.  It could have been worse, I suppose.  Still, I imagine it will take longer than three weeks to lose it again.

We came home to unpack and get ready for a special visitor.  We are dog-sitting our friends' chihuahua this week while they are on vacation.  He weighs less than what I gained over the last three weeks.  This is the first time he's been at our house for more than a few hours and he is a bit nervous.  And by "a bit nervous", I don't mean normal chihuahua nervousness.  I mean, "someone call the police and tell them I've been kidnapped" nervousness.  He seems conflicted - he already knows us and likes us, but he has a sneaking suspicion we are up to no good.  I'm sure he will get used to his temporary living quarters soon enough.

I was full of ambition this afternoon.  Luggage unpacked and put away, laundry sorted and started, mail sorted.  Then I sat down for awhile to watch a baseball game...and woke up about three hours later.  This is not going to help me get over the jet lag.  

Tomorrow, it's back to work.  And workouts.  And eating sensibly.  And taking better care of my foot.  I would say that I hovered in the 3-5 range for most of the trip, with a few brief episodes of 7+.  Much better than I expected, but by the end of the trip it was inching up again.  I am set up for a trial of the spinal cord stimulator in about two and a half weeks.  I read an article recently by someone with CRPS talking about the difference the spinal cord stimulator made to him.  Hoping I will have the same experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment