Sunday, June 1, 2014

6/1/14. The post where I am a very good girl.

6/1/14:  still having periodic bouts of nausea.  Hoping it will pass soon.  Woke up at a 5 and camped there pretty much all day.  Some of you have been clamoring for news of my sleep score, so I'll tell you it was 90%.  Not sure how much I trust it, though, because it also claims I took a 20 minute nap at 9:30 last night, when I know without a doubt that I was watching a movie and interacting with our house guests at that time.  Guess I should move around a little more while watching TV.

I did everything by the book today.  I wore comfortable shoes all day.  I slowed my walking pace considerably and cut it down to 1.5 miles.  I made a conscious attempt to achieve "consistently moderate activity".  It seemed to pay off.  My foot got a little red in the late afternoon after a run to the grocery store, but that passed quickly and I didn't have anything I'd consider a flare-up.  

While I hope I don't have to, I could live like this long term.  I have to admit that as much as I try not to be, I'm a little on edge, wondering if/when the effects of the medication will wear off and I will be back in the 6-9 range.  Four more days of work and obligations, and then I have a three week respite. Although there will be a lot of physical activity, I have a feeling it will do wonders for my state of mind as well as my physical health.  I intend to keep my mind off it while I am gone - we'll see how well I follow through.

Some friends invited us over tonight to try some wine they brought home recently from a trip to South Africa and we had a really nice visit.  I don't say it often enough, but I feel very fortunate to have such a supportive group of family and friends.  You are the reason I can motor through this and it means more to me than you will ever know.  Prepare yourselves, because the next four days are likely going to be filled with obsessive rants about trip preparations.  It's just four days - you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment