Saturday, May 31, 2014

5/31/14. The post where I am reminded that things aren't completely back to normal.

5/31/14:  woke up earlier than I wanted this morning with nausea again, but again it faded away pretty quickly.  Back to a 4 this morning, so I did not regret yesterday's shoe experiment.  After doing some chores, I went for a walk and made it two miles!  Sure, it was slower than my "normal" pace and completely on flat ground, but it felt like real exercise for the first time in a long time.  It.  Was.  Awesome.

After my patient, long-suffering husband returned from his bike ride, we went to the farmer's market and then to a wine tasting at a local wine shop.  Still feeling great.  Next stop - grocery store for dinner fixings and a few things to tide us over until we leave for vacation.  As we stood n line to check out, things went downhill.  Quickly.  Suddenly my foot was screaming and by the time we got home, it had shot up to a 7 and was red and swollen.  

After 30 minutes on the couch with my foot elevated, the color was back to normal and it felt much better.  I spent the rest of the day at about a 5.  So maybe I overdid it a little today.  "Consistently moderate activity."  Why do I have such a hard time remembering that on good days?

We had a delicious dinner with our house guests (courtesy of my patient, long-suffering husband) and watched "To Catch a Thief" (the Grace Kelly/Cary Grant version, of course).   Tomorrow I will back off a little on the exercise and see if I can stay in the 4 range all day.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment