Thursday, May 1, 2014

5/1/14. The post where we have a good day.

5/1/14: slept a little better last night.  Still in the same pattern - mostly in the 6 range with a few periodic spikes and the cream helps a little for awhile.  All in all, pretty tolerable.

Mom also had a pretty good day.  This morning I took her for more lab work and afterward, she felt well enough for us to do a little shopping for some things she needed and then have a fun girlie lunch.  Finger sandwiches, anyone?

In the afternoon, we took care of some chores around the house and then decided to watch a movie before Dad got home from work.  The idea of watching a movie was a good one.  The execution of the plan was a different story.  The movie we picked? "August: Osage County."  Quite possibly one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen.  Dad got home just in time for the end of the movie and then 15 minutes of the two of us in tears.  (My patient, long-suffering husband is nodding knowingly as he reads this. Another thing he and Dad can discuss during their support group meetings.)  One would never have imagined from seeing us then that we had a good day.  

Tomorrow I have a work meeting in the area and then I will drive home.  I won't be able to be at all of Mom's chemo sessions, but I feel a lot better now that I know how the drill goes.  One down, 11 more to go.  Next time, we'll make sure we pick a comedy to watch afterward.  For Dad's sake.


No comments:

Post a Comment