Sunday, May 25, 2014

5/25/14. The post where I take a long walk.

5/25/14: got to bed much earlier last night and had a sleep score of 91%.  Which I learned doesn't necessarily mean I won't still be tired all day.  I think I have yawned for two days straight.  But my foot felt much better this morning - back down to a 5.

I made it through the last handbell performance of the spring season with no problems, then had a fairly lazy afternoon.  I had not done my PT walk this morning, so my patient, long-suffering husband and I decided to take a walk this afternoon.  A long walk, at least compared to the distance I've been walking recently.  Our upcoming vacation will involve a lot of walking, so we decided it was time to see if we are up to it.

We walked to a nearby park and wandered around the trail for awhile.  We stayed away from the big hills, but did a little (slow) climbing.  We were probably only gone for 30 minutes, but it felt like a victory.  My foot was pretty red when we got home, but it cleared up quickly after I sat down for a bit.  I think if I take it slow, I will be able to get through our vacation without any major damage.  Now all I have to do is figure out a way to lose 10 pounds in 12 days and I'll be ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment