Monday, May 12, 2014

5/12/14. The post where I brave the conference.

5/12/14: slept terribly last night and would have liked to have stayed in bed this morning.  But today was a travel day, so I got up early and packed instead.  Made the two hour drive and got into town in time for the opening of the conference.

It was a tough day for my foot. Even though my hotel is across the street from the convention center, there is still a lot of walking involved and by fate, most of my co-workers could rival the Harlem Globetrotters in terms of height.  Since I am closer to a jockey in terms of height, I did a lot of fast walking.  Despite the summer-like temperatures, I wore pantyhose and I don't think anyone noticed that my foot was red and swollen.

The conference started well and I had a good dinner with co-workers afterward.  With all my recent travel, it is getting harder and harder to leave my patient, long-suffering husband behind each time.  Luckily, we have a great, long vacation coming up in a few weeks, so I can look forward to it.  

I am watching and listening to the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in some time while I write this post.  I'm on the 16th floor of my hotel, so while I feel safe, it is quite a show.  Hoping to get some sleep so I will be ready for day two of the conference.  Don't worry, I packed a raincoat, an umbrella, and my rain boots, so I am prepared for the one-block walk to the convention center.  


No comments:

Post a Comment