Monday, May 5, 2014

5/5/14. The post where something fun and unexpected happens.

5/5/14: fitful night again, but stayed in the 6-6.5 range.  I had a dentist appointment this morning and you know what that means.  Yep.  An hour of music I hear only at the dentist office.  Kenny Loggins, Phil Collins, George Michael - all the usual suspects.  I went to work afterward feeling very mellow.  I got a clean bill of health, so regardless of any other medical issues I have, at least I have good teeth.

I had a pretty normal day at work.  A musician friend was staying with us tonight and we planned to have a late casual dinner with him and his girlfriend before they went tomorrow to meet her parents, who live about two hours south of us.  Just before I left work, I happened to check Facebook, where I found a post from our friend saying he had just GOTTEN ENGAGED!  Whaaaaaaat???  I immediately called my patient, long-suffering husband, who was unaware of the big news.  

I came home from work to find them all at home and immediately asked for the details.  "Where did you ask her?" "Right there," he said, pointing to our balcony.  Wow!  Someone got engaged at our house today, and I didn't even know.  Pretty exciting. The casual dinner turned into champagne and then dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants in town, outside under a big oak tree.  

Still feeling pretty nauseous today, but it's much better if I keep something in my stomach.  I have it on good authority that this will subside eventually.  On a today like today, it's easy to forget.   We'll see what happens tomorrow, presuming there are no spontaneous engagements.  




No comments:

Post a Comment