Wednesday, May 28, 2014

5/28/14. The post where I go shoe shopping.

5/28/14:  didn't start off the morning quite as well as the last few days, but still just a 6.  (Well below my goal of seven hours of sleep last night.  Could it be related?)  The weather looked threatening again, so I biked instead of walking, but about the time I got off the trainer, the sun came up and it turned into a beautiful morning.  C'est la vie.

Speaking of which, our vacation is just over a week away, so I decided it was time to get cracking on shopping for those last-minute necessary items.  There will be quite a bit of walking on the trip, some of which could probably qualify as hiking, so good comfortable shoes will be a must for my foot to have any chance of surviving.  I set out at lunch to look for shoes that were comfortable and sturdy, could hold my orthotic inserts, looked at least fairly fashionable, and would match all the clothes I am taking so I can pack lightly.  Easy, right?

I went to several nearby local shoe stores that specialize in comfort shoes, with no luck.  I saw lots of cute pairs, but didn't find anything that met all my requirements for this particular trip.  I found several pairs of black Mary Janes that I considered briefly just for general purposes, but I managed to restrain myself.  How did I exercise such self-control, you ask? Because:


Yes, folks, read 'em and weep.  Six pairs.  I love Mary Janes.  And I can tell you the different purpose each pair serves.  At least, I could at one time.

I went back to work empty-handed.  I'll try again tomorrow.  I feel certain the right pair exists out there somewhere.  And if it is out there, I assure you I will find it.  It's kind of a specialty of mine.

I stayed at a 6-6.5 most of the day, with a couple of unexplained episodes of redness.  I will try not to read too much into it and do my best to get more sleep tonight, just in case it matters.  I have to be in good shape tomorrow.  There is more shoe shopping to be done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment