Friday, May 30, 2014

5/30/14. The post where I may get a bit overly ambitious.

5/30/14:  went to bed a little nauseous and woke up a little nauseous, but it passed quickly.  I was still at a 4 and since I'd been cycling all week, I decided to take a longer walk this morning instead.  One of  the friends staying with us joined me on the walk and we had a lovely stroll as the sun came up.  

Since I felt good all week, I decided it was time to try a little experiment and managed to sneak past the shoe police (aka my patient, long-suffering husband) wearing these:


Risky, I know, but I figured it was Friday and even if things went badly, I would have the weekend to recover.  Sometimes you just have to take a chance.  Things went very well at work and while shoe shopping at lunch.  The biggest issue was that the buckles made it inconvenient to try on shoes.  (I balanced my temporary insanity by selecting two pairs of extremely sensible but cute shoes for the trip.)

Filled with optimism, I wore them to my book club tonight, too.  It was a very enjoyable evening with friends - a good book with interesting discussion and a nice meal.  But I probably pushed my luck just a bit.  I took my shoes off about halfway through the evening and drove home in bare feet.  My little piggies were pink and swollen, but I still ended the night at a 6.  Progress.  All the same, I'll go back to the sensible shoes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment