Sunday, May 18, 2014

5/18/14. The post where I survive a long drive.

5/18/14: slept pretty well last night.  Although I woke up at about a 6.5, once I got up and started getting ready, it went back down to a 5.  I went to church, had lunch, then packed up the car and took off for my parents' house.

Something I had not really considered before today - there are about...oh, let me think...maybe...1,000 colleges between my home and theirs.  And apparently all of them had graduation ceremonies this weekend.  There were three lanes' worth of families returning home and u-hauls filled with graduates' belongings.  Which is fine, except for the fact that most of the freeway between my home and my parents' home is only two lanes wide.  Traffic was at a crawl for much of the trip, which took an additional 45 minutes.

I made it home just in time for dinner.  Mom and Dad teamed up to make a lovely meal and my brother, niece and nephew were able to join us as well.  We went for a short walk after dinner to enjoy the cool evening.  I'm glad circumstances worked out for me to sneak in an additional visit before my vacation.  My foot was slightly red and swollen by the end of the evening, but still only about a 6, and after my drive I would have expected much worse.  The winning streak continues.

Tomorrow I will spend much of the day in a work meeting and then make the drive back home tomorrow evening.  My patient, long-suffering husband is having an epidural injection tomorrow afternoon that we hope will bring him some relief.  With any luck, he'll start his own winning streak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment