Thursday, May 8, 2014

5/8/14. The post where I find out if warm wet days are as bad as cold wet days.

5/8/14: awake early again this morning, but pain level was only about 5.5-6. I was worried it would be worse, because a large storm front was going to move through today.  While I've had more experience than I'd like with cold wet weather, this was the first time I have encountered warm wet weather, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

No repeat of the green light luck I had yesterday.  In fact, every light was red today, which happens fairly often.  And I was stuck behind a dump truck most of the way.  But it still only took 15 minutes, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I wore my cowboy boot galoshes to work since we were forecast to get quite a bit of rain.  In case you've never seen cowboy boot galoshes, here you go:


They are very comfortable and as you know, cowboy boots have tended to work well for me.  I felt pretty good all day and they kept me dry when I got out to get a manicure at lunch. ("Where Did Suzi's Man-Go?" from OPI's Brazil collection.  Although frankly, it looks more like orange sorbet than mango.)   So far, so good.  In fact, good enough that I started to wonder if the Cymbalta was working.

I came home, took off my boots, and sat down at the computer to work on some email.  After awhile, I suddenly noticed that my foot felt worse.  I looked down and all my toes were completely purple. Holy eggplant, Batman!  I hadn't seen that color on my foot in awhile.  My patient, long-suffering husband immediately ordered me onto the couch to put my foot up and we stared intently at it until the color started subsiding.  Now it is back to red and the pain level is inching up above 8. Maybe I should have kept my boots on.

I wish I had an explanation that made sense.  Maybe it's the weather, or maybe the boots.  Or maybe it's just random.  The only thing I can say for certan is that the Cymbalta is not working yet.  But it's too early to give up on it.  Besides, if I did, what would I do with all these saltines and cans of ginger ale?





No comments:

Post a Comment