Sunday, May 11, 2014

5/11/14. The post where I take a nap.

5/11/14: Woke up at about a 6.5 this morning and stayed between there and 7 all day.  Fortunately I didn't have a busy day ahead.  

After church, we had a nice lunch with my patient, long-suffering husband's parents.  Then we came back home and settled down to watch a baseball game.  Baseball has long been my favorite sport and my favorite team was playing a rare afternoon game.  I can tell you about innings 1-4 and the 9th inning, but I have no idea about innings 5-8, because I fell asleep.

Historically, I am not a napper.  Besides the fact that my days are usually filled with activities, I've always had difficulty sleeping at night and I don't want to make it harder by napping during the day.  Even in the last few months when I've spent more time than usual sitting on the couch with my foot elevated, I have not napped.  But today I did.  Not on purpose.  One minute, I was watching the game and then suddenly it was the 9th inning.

I'm sure I needed the sleep, but I already regret it.  I've been groggy the rest of the day and I feel certain I won't be able to sleep tonight.  On the flip side, my team lost the game, so I didn't miss much.    I have to travel tomorrow for a three day conference, so there won't be time for naps.  Thank goodness.  I'm not cut out to be a napper.    

No comments:

Post a Comment