Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5/14/14. The post where I make it back home.

5/14/14: after a rough night, I was a little improved this morning.  My foot was stil red, but a much lighter shade, and the pain level was down from a 9 to about a 7.5.  It was still cool and windy, but the sun was out and I was able to finish my conference and drive back to the office to get some work done in the afternoon.  I even made it to choir practice.

I came home to find that my patient, long-suffering husband was in nearly as bad a shape as me.  He has a periodic back problem that has flared up recently, and it got much worse while I was gone.  He already had an epidural scheduled in about two weeks, but now he is trying to get it expedited.  We make a fine pair right now. At least we have each other.  And a good sense of humor. 

I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning to talk about the most recent attempts at pain relief. Anesthetic cream - minimal and brief relief when I use it.  Cymbalta - nothing yet, but I've taken it for less than two weeks, so it may be too early to tell.   Our vacation is three weeks away, and he said he may have a couple of other short-term options to get me through the trip.  Which is fortunate, since I may have to carry my patient, long-suffering husband if his back doesn't improve.

The color of my foot is much better tonight and I'm down to a 7.  Tomorrow is a busy day, but it is forecast to be warm and sunny.  I have four days before my next road trip, so my foot will get a bit of a rest from driving.  Between that and sleeping in my own bed, I'm hoping to be back down to a 6 tomorrow.  Hope springs eternal, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment