Sunday, May 4, 2014

5/4/14. The post where I get used to the new medication.

5/4/14: shortly after I wrote my last post, I took my first pill.  Just before breakfast.  Not a good idea.  I should know better.  I always have to take medications like that with food.  And by "with", I mean after, not before.  I spent the rest of the day rotating between antacids, saltines and ginger ale trying to settle my stomach.  But I was not alone.  In a show of solidarity, my patient, long-suffering husband came home from a bike ride with a stomach bug and a low-grade fever.  Luckily there was enough ginger ale for both of us.

Everything I've read about Cymbalta indicates it can start working in "as little as a week", so I am not expecting anything yet.  It's a good thing, because I would have been sorely disappointed.  The evening and night were really rough, in the 8-8.5 range.  The cream did not make any appreciable difference either.  I slept in shifts and took it easy most of today, and it is back down to a 6 this afternoon.  I was smarter today and took my pill after breakfast.  I still feel a little nauseous, but it's much more manageable.  I drove to church without any issues this morning, so I think I can continue to take the Cymbalta for the next two weeks and I am determined to try.  Guess I'd better stock up on saltines and ginger ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment