Saturday, May 17, 2014

5/16/15. The post where I get some relief.

5/16/14: started taking my full dosage Cymbalta Thursday night.  I woke up a little nauseous, but nothing unmanageable.  I was concerned that my recent trouble might be a result of overdoing it with my PT exercises, so I made a conscious effort to be more careful.  I use a pedometer app on my phone to record my walking speed and it is usually around 3mph.  A glacial speed compared to my usual gait, but three times as fast as the speed dictated by my PT.  I was very deliberate during my walk and managed to get my speed down to 2.5mph.  A little progress, but I don't think I can get it down to 1mph without being on a treadmill.  I was also much more careful with my pedaling on the bike.

And I think my effort was rewarded.  I had almost no color in my foot and spent most of the day in the 5-5.5 range.  It seems too early to be seeing results from increasing the medication dosage, but who knows?  Regardless of why I was feeling some relief, after the last week, it felt absolutely decadent.  I did not have to do much walking at work and had a nice pedicure break at lunch.  ("Thanks a Windmillion" from the OPI Holland collection.)  We have friends in town visiting for the weekend and went out with them for a delicious dinner.  All in all, a really pleasant Friday.  Fingers crossed that Saturday will be just as good.


No comments:

Post a Comment