Friday, May 23, 2014

5/23/14. The post where I remember that I have another tool in my arsenal.

5/23/14: didn't quite make my seven hour goal, but slept much better. My sleep score was 94%! Now that's the kind of grade I am used to receiving.  (Yes, Dad, I know.  An A+ would be even better.)  Apparently no one told my foot, though, because I woke up at a 6 and was at a 6.5 by the time I was done with my PT exercises.  

It was a fairly quiet day at work, with many people already out enjoying the holiday weekend.  The afternoon brought some unexpected rain, which might be responsible for my pain level.  We had a concert tonight, so I was on my feet quite a bit preparing for it.  By the time we were ready to open the box office, my foot was scarlet and swollen and I was up to a 7.5.  Not the best circumstances for counting money or being hospitable to guests.

Then I suddenly remembered my prescription cream.  I haven't used it much for the last week or so because I was having good luck with the Cymbalta and I had sort of forgotten about it.  Fortunately, I had some stashed away in my purse.  I managed to apply it just before the first guests arrived at the venue and I don't think anyone noticed that I only had one shoe on as I sat behind the ticket table.  Or if they did, they were too polite to mention it.

By the time the concert started, the color was nearly back to normal and I was back down to a 6. I think I've figured out the best way to use the cream. If the Cymbalta is a starting pitcher, the cream is more of a middle reliever.  Now, if I could just find a closer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment