Saturday, May 17, 2014

5/17/14. The post where I start a winning streak.

5/17/14:  woke up early, as usual, and spent a lazy morning with our guests.  On the spur of the moment, we decided to make a trip to nearby wine country.  It was a beautiful sunny day - perfect for a drive through pretty country and a leisurely lunch outside on a patio.  A little too leisurely, perhaps.  While I keep sunscreen in my car for days like this (because, of course I do), we were in our friends' car, so my shoulders are now a light salmon color.

Sunburn aside, it was a nice trip and a lovely day. The best part was that my foot felt pretty good again today.  This makes two days in a row spent mostly in the 5-5.5 range.  I was even able to wear some sandals with a slight heel without any apparent ill effects.  Don't get me wrong - under normal circumstances, if I had suddenly woken up one morning with my foot at this pain level, I would have called in sick to work and gone to the doctor for x-rays on the assumption that I had really injured it.  And if I continue at this level for an extended period, it will get old pretty quickly.  But right now, it is a real relief.

Tomorrow afternoon I will make the drive to spend the evening with my parents before a work meeting  and a return drive home on Monday.  If I do as well for the next two days, I may start to believe the medication is working.  I'm trying not to think too far ahead, though.  I'm just enjoying each day as it happens.  Now, if you will excuse me, I still have a little day left to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment