Monday, May 26, 2014

5/26/14. The post where I am surprised by how good I feel.

5/26/14: another pretty good night's sleep, with a sleep score of 89%.  I promise I won't subject you to my sleep score every day.  My health monitor is a shiny new object right now, but I'm sure I'll get over it at some point.  

I remember my PT telling me that when I try new physical activity, the best indicator of whether the level was right is not how I feel immediately afterward, but how I feel the next day.  Even though I felt good after our hike yesterday, I was concerned about how it would affect me today.  I needn't have worried, because I woke up feeling great.  Like 4-4.5 level great.  I don't think I ever got over 5 today.  Woo-hoo!

We were forecast for more storms today, so we decided to get in another short hike this morning.  Still slow and steady, but with a few more hills.  Just like yesterday, I came home with a red foot and just like yesterday, a short period of elevation did wonders.  The sky exploded shortly after we got home and while it poured outside, I finished a good book.  This was great for my state of mind, but my health monitor was not impressed with my two hours of "inactivity".  Guess I need to learn how to read while walking around the house. Or my health monitor needs to chill out.

It was an active, but relaxing, holiday weekend and put me in a good enough frame of mind to get through the ten days before my real vacation.  I will keep hiking a little each day as well, so I can also be ready physically.  And I will try to remember my new mantra - "consistently moderate activity."  

No comments:

Post a Comment