Sunday, January 26, 2014

1/26/14. The post where I try to stay positive.

January 26, 2014: wow.  Today was a rough day.  I'm not sure I can use pain scale numbers anymore without getting into multiple decimal points. (I told you I was terrible at this game.) There were a few times this afternoon I thought I might throw up.  I also had an interesting new sensation tonight where it felt like I stuck my toe in an electrical outlet.  I'm going to have to look that up later and see whether it's a normal symptom, whatever "normal" means these days.

My first nerve block is scheduled for February 4.  That seems like a long way off right now.  Hoping for at least a few better days while I wait.  Otherwise, it's going to seem like a long way off for everyone else, too, especially for my patient, long-suffering husband.  I'm doing my best to stay positive, but that's easier some days than others. So let's go through the positives:

1.  The choir sang a beautiful, moving piece in church this morning and then my patient, long-suffering husband played another beautiful piece.
2.  Had a nice lunch with family and a musician friend who was in town for the weekend.  
3.  Saw a fun opera featuring some great performers.
4.  Have heard from lots of friends this weekend with positive messages of love.
5.  Today was a beautiful, sunny, warm day.
6.  My foot doesn't look like a sausage.

There. I feel a little better now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment