Tuesday, November 11, 2014

11/11/14. The post where I have a good day off.

11/11/14: finally slept through the night with almost no coughing.  I may have this thing licked (more or less).  Started my day off with laundry, which I did on and off all day.  Maybe not the most glamorous way to spend a day off, but it means I won't have to do it this weekend, so it was totally worth it.

I went to the doctor's office to meet with the medical rep for my new stimulator program, and she gave me two new programs!  Bonus!  She spent several minutes adjusting minimum and maximum amplitudes and then I was on my way.  I was already feeling better by the time I got home.  I'm hoping that having multiple programs will allow me to switch back and forth when I start to have breakthrough pain and keep things interesting for awhile.

My patient, long-suffering husband was able to swing a long lunch and took me to a new place to eat.  It was a hipster's paradise, full of people enjoying their food ironically.  While I didn't feel quite cool enough to be there, I sure did enjoy it.  Everything we ate was delicious, and they had a surprisingly impressive bar for a place that looked like a diner.  (Part of the hipster irony, I'm sure.)

It had been a cold, dreary morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon and I took my car for a spa day.  They removed all traces of the foam dust and it looked like it did when I drove it off the lot a few weeks ago.  To be safe, I left the top up on the way home.  When I got home, I continued the car TLC theme.  I read the owner's manual, set up the satellite radio and bluetooth, and set the buttons so I could open the garage door without the opener.  More importantly, I did all these things without the assistance of a 10 year old.  I feel so technologically savvy!  We'll see if I remember how to work any of it tomorrow.

We ordered some sparkling wine a few weeks ago and it happened to be delivered today, so we had a few friends over for a little taste.  All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day!  And tomorrow I will drive in my clean, organized car to my clean, organized office.  With some good vibrations in my foot. http://youtu.be/hoJnNYUhwcQ

No comments:

Post a Comment