Monday, November 24, 2014

11/24/14. The post where I face facts.

11/24/14: my foot pain didn't keep me awake last night, but I felt it every time I woke up.  It was still unhappy this morning when I got up, but as I got ready, it improved quite a bit.  I took my walk and it didn't feel too bad.  Although I was feeling pretty good by the time I left for work, I decided to go a little more conservative in my shoe selection today.  It was a beautiful day, nice enough to take my car out at lunchtime to be washed after its scary weekend journey and make the 10 minute drive back to work with the top down.  

I hadn't been in the office in nearly a week, so today was catch up day.  It was a relatively quiet day and I spent most of it at my desk.  As a result, it was mid-afternoon before things started to go south again with my foot.  But they did go south.  I continued to slog through the day, making it through handbell practice and doing a little cooking afterward.  But my foot was back to the familiar red splotchy color and I noticed a bruise in the "usual" place.  I changed the stimulator programs several times, but it didn't seem to make any difference.  

I will call tomorrow for an appointment to get some new stimulator programs, but I'm not convinced that is the issue, or the cure.  Something else is happening.  I guess this is officially a flare-up.  I'm back at a 6 again, but I wonder where I would be without the stimulator. The timing on this sure could have been better.  (Like, for instance...never.)  Tomorrow is my last day in the office before the holiday, and then we will pack up and head to my parents' house to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.  And guess what? I intend to enjoy it.  Flare-up or not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment