Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/14. The post where I win the battle of wills.

11/17/14: woke up this morning feeling better.  No fever in 24 hours and no more joint aches.  Still nauseous, but as you know, I can handle that. I got on the scale to find I have lost six pounds since Friday.  Not the way I would like to have done it, but hey, at this point I'll take it.  A few more days of this and I can buy a pair of shoes!  (And I certainly won't blame my weight-loss challenge friend if she is also looking on the bright side.)  I also took the opportunity to squeeze into a dress I haven't been able to wear in almost a year, in case this is temporary.

I made it into work on time, which was a good thing, because I walked in to find my boss had to be out at the last minute and needed me to cover a big meeting for him.  Since I was still pretty puny, it was fortunate that I didn't have to say much.  I made it through the rest of the work day with no major events (and still very little in the way of food).  Handbells, then packing for my trip.  I have a very early flight (which means I have to wake up before most college kids are getting to bed), so I set two alarms, just in case.  Belt and suspenders, you know.  Now I'm off to bed for a few hours of sleep.  Pleasant dreams, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment