Sunday, November 2, 2014

11/2/14. The post where things calm down a little.

11/2/14: yesterday was a whirlwind.  I was at the theater for more than 12 hours, and that was after getting ready and packing up costumes and makeup.  The good news? I made it through the show without embarrassing myself.  The bad news? I failed to get the license plate number of the truck that hit me.  I feel like I built a house yesterday.  By myself.  With no power tools.  But frankly, I'm not sure I can blame it on the CRPS.  I exceed the median participant age by at least 10 years.  I'm just glad I made it through the production without a visit from EMS.

The "fall back" from daylight savings time didn't really help. If my experience, and that of my Facebook friends, is any indication, the fall back doesn't give you one more hour of sleep, just an additional hour to get things done.  I woke up still feeling mangled, but there were a lot of items on the morning agenda.  I played handbells (some may disagree with my definition of "played", but I got through it without cursing or quitting), I sang in the choir, and I sold tickets for an upcoming concert.  And then I rested.

And by "rested", I mean I got a bunch of neglected chores done at home.  My patient, long-suffering husband and I donned our haz-mat suits and shoveled out the refrigerator, a task we'd been dreading for some time.  I'm fairly certain the government would quarantine us for 21 days if anyone had seen the things we threw away.  Once we had the refrigerator cleaned out, we went to the grocery store to fill it up again.  

A few more chores, a simple dinner and movie, and I'm ready for bed.  This week looks a little more calm than last week, and I think I can make it.  I have to teach two classes tomorrow, but at some point I hope to contact the medical rep about a new program.  Because I am maxed out on my current one.  Things have been really nice since my stimulator implant, but it's ramping up day by day (especially over the last few days), and it's time to call in reinforcements.  

A little reminder, which is probably coming too late.  Tomorrow is CRPS/RSD awareness day.  Here are the details:  

Yes, I know.  Orange is not my best color, either.  But that's the option.  I have a new orange sweater and matching sunglasses, and I'll be hashtagging a photo, because I'm cool that way.  If you get this message in time and can get away with adding a little orange to your wardrobe, go for it.  I'll be most grateful, as will my CRPS peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment