Friday, October 31, 2014

10/31/14. The post where I am officially overwhelmed.

10/31/14: got back into town just in time for a really important all day meeting yesterday.  Which meant two things: 1) I had to have my A game, and 2) I could not catch up on the last five days of work I had missed.  It was a long day.  Then I spent the evening at the last rehearsal (not counting the dress rehearsal) before the musical Saturday night.  I can't count the number of times I nearly quit last night.  But in the end, I didn't.  I'll let you know after the show tomorrow whether that was a good idea. 

Today was more of a catch up day.  I got an amazing amount done, and all that did was remind me how much I still have to do.  I had a post-op doctor appointment first thing this morning that went pretty well.  I let him know that I had just about hit the ceiling on the amplitude of my first program, and he told me I should plan on adding programs about once a month for the next six months.  He said the scar tissue that has built up around my lead wires will begin peeling off and as things change, I will need different types of stimulation, but after about six months it should even out.  He also told me that because of the placement of my lead wires (which is unusually low), turning the amplitude up too high can cause some unpleasant sensations - another reason to add different programs.  I will call the medical company rep next week to do some reprogramming.

But for now, I need to get by on what I already have.  Dancing in the musical seems like a less good idea then it did six weeks ago, but I'm in it to win it.  Tomorrow will be a really long day, but then it will be over.  I can rest on Sunday.  Except for a handbell performance.  And the choir anthem.  And selling tickets for the upcoming music series concert.  And grocery shopping.  And catching up on a million other chores.  Come to think of it, I'm looking forward to the work week.  

Our ensemble had the night off tonight, because the people in my musical take their Halloween very seriously.  This meant my patient, long-suffering husband and I got to hang out with our friends for awhile.  Should I have been rehearsing on my own?  Probably.  But I think a few hours of rest will do me, and my acting/dancing chops, some good.  

Time for bed.  I need to get a little rest so I am fresh for the big show Saturday night.  I'll tell you all about it on Sunday night. So for now, sit back and enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment