Sunday, October 5, 2014

10/5/14. The post where I make better use of a perfectly good fall day.

10/5/14: slept much better last night.  And today, I took my first post-CRPS walk on my old, hilly route.       It used to take me a little under 28 minutes and today it took 32 minutes.  I can live with that.  Even though it is approximately the same length as the walk I've been making, I used some muscles that I haven't used in a long time.  The entire walk is quite hilly, with one 11% grade at the halfway point.  (Before you start thinking I'm some sort of geometry genius, I have cycled up that hill many times, and the computer on my bike tells me the incline.)  I'm a little sore, but it felt great.  I am going to go back to doing my "real" walk every day now.  Guess I'll have to start getting up about four minutes earlier, at least until I can get my time back down again.

I got ready for church, but without my personal hair stylist, there was no chance of rebandaging my head, so I went without it.  At least I was able to get my hair arranged over my stitches without assistance.  It was much too pretty out to spend another afternoon indoors, so we went to the nursery to pick up plants for our fall garden.  We spent the afternoon planting the new purchases and pruning the existing plants.  A very productive and enjoyable afternoon.

After a full day, my foot is none the worse for wear.  It turned red a few times during the day, but never really hurt and I did not have to adjust the stimulator.  My head bothered me more than my foot did, although it is also feeling much better.  I think I am ready for another full work week.  And guess what? No doctor appointments this week!  That's a trend I'd like to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment