Tuesday, October 21, 2014

10/21/14. The post where I am such a stimulator expert, I get to teach a class.

10/21/14:  another late night and early morning.  Good thing I had a restful weekend trip, so I had a little energy stored.  I spent the morning catching up at work, then had a nice lunch with colleagues.  I rarely take a lunch break at all, and when I do, I am usually running errands, so this was a real treat.  

My patient, long-suffering husband made the drive and cleaned out my old car, which was no mean feat, and found that my title was not there.  Apparently the ninjas got it after all.  Or more likely, I will find it in six months in the wrong file when I am looking for something else.  This meant I needed to get a duplicate, and pronto, so we could sell my old car to the shady Internet car buying company.  Which involved two trips to the county office and a trip to my credit union for a lien release that should have been filed two years ago when I paid off the car.  Since I had a new car to drive, I didn't mind so much, and it all went surprisingly quickly.  

After work, I went to my doctor's office, but not for an appointment.  My doctor had scheduled an informational meeting for other patients who are considering having stimulators implanted and asked if I would come and speak.  I thought this sounded like a great idea and would have been helpful before my implant, so I immediately agreed.  I'm glad I did.  There were six other patients there, some with their families, and a few of the medical reps from the stimulator manufacturer were there as well.  The doctor gave a very good explanation of the science behind the stimulator and the implant process.  The patients asked a lot of questions and were very curious about my experience.  Some of them even wanted to touch my hip and see if they could feel the stimulator.  So I guess I wasn't so much a teacher as the main attraction at a stimulator petting zoo.  In any event, I think it was helpful and I'm glad I could play a role.  I even learned a few things about pending advances in the software and technology.  

After that, it was back into town for a rehearsal and then finally home.  I put a lot of miles on my new car today and it was pretty fun, although my left foot is very confused with no clutch to push.  My foot was a little irritated today, but not enough to turn up the stimulator further.  If you had told me three months ago I could have an active day like today with a pain level under 4, I would never have believed you... 

No comments:

Post a Comment