Thursday, October 9, 2014

10/9/14. The post where I race through the day.

10/9/14: my patient, long-suffering husband graciously allowed me to borrow his car today.  He had an early morning PT appointment, so I stayed home until he came back.  The timing had to work out perfectly because I was teaching a class that started mid-morning.  And it did.  I made it to work just in time to get to the classroom.

After the class, I had a few minutes to sit in the office, catch up on emails, and eat a quick sandwich before sprinting across the work campus for a long meeting. By late afternoon I was pooped.  I finally got caught up from yesterday and left to pick up my patient, long-suffering husband.  We were both pretty worn out, but we had planned a home project this evening and we got it done before collapsing in front of the TV for awhile.  A cooking show, of course.  Because when you are on a diet, it's a great idea to watch shows where people cook delicious, fattening foods.

In all my racing around today, I didn't realize until late in the day that I hadn't heard from the mechanic. That is probably not a good sign.  After 24 hours of "encouragement" from my patient, long-suffering husband, my mom, and one of my best friends (who I feel certain were all in cahoots), I am warming to the idea of trading in my car.  Presuming I ever see it again.

My foot felt left out by all the attention my car was getting, so it acted up a little tonight.  It swelled up and turned pretty red, and for awhile it was more painful than it's been post-stimulator.  Turning up the volume did the trick, but the stimulator is now at the highest level it's been.  Tomorrow will be a much easier and more casual day, and I'm hoping to turn it back down a little.  I guess I'd better start doing a little online car research, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment