Wednesday, October 15, 2014

10/15/14. The post where I brag about my patient, long-suffering husband.

10/15/14:  in the midst of all the mechanical difficulties I've had recently, my cell phone began to exhibit signs of dementia.  I decided I'd better order a new one before it completely shuffled off its mortal coil and, of course, the new phone arrived yesterday.  I decided it was not the best day for me to attempt to do anything involving electronics, so I was content to leave it in the box.  However, my patient, long-suffering husband took pity on me and activated it.  When he was finished, everything looked identical to my old phone and it worked perfectly.  Because he's awesome that way.

During my car debacle, he's been at his most patient and longest-suffering.  This is his first experience with me searching for a new vehicle since we've been married and, while it is probably terrifying, he's handling it well.  Even I recognize that I take all the fun out of getting a new car, with the over-analysis, second-guessing, elaborate research (including spreadsheets, of course), and general bad attitude.  Which is why I like to keep my cars for so long.  He is being helpful and supportive while trying not to interfere with my "process".  I'm sure he'll be glad when this is all over, though.

And I hope that will be soon. My car was towed to the dealership this morning and they started trying to diagnose the issue.  They expect to contact me in the morning with some information.  I'll be on the road with friends, starting a long weekend trip.  I would say that I hope they don't give me any bad news that will ruin my happy vacation vibe, but since I am expecting the very worst news, anything else will be a pleasant surprise.  

Today was a busy day at work, followed by choir practice.  My foot's been a little edgy today, so I've turned the stimulator up and down several times to keep things interesting.  I'm curious to know how it does on a road trip.  Everything is an adventure these days.  I am supposed to be packing right now, so I guess I'd better get on it.  It's going to be a long night.

No comments:

Post a Comment