Monday, October 6, 2014

10/6/14. The post where I concede that I might possibly have overdone it today.

10/6/14: up early for my pre-work walk.  I did the hilly walk again and felt fine afterward.  Then I got ready for work and slipped into these beauties:


Boy, did I enjoy that!  I knew it was going to be a day spent mostly sitting at my desk, so I figured I could get away with it.  When I got home, both of my feet were a little sore, which I expected since I haven't worn heels that high in some time, but my foot wasn't red and I didn't seem to have any ill effects.

I changed into jeans and my comfy sneakers to go to handbell practice.  After an hour of standing, I could already tell what my foot was going to look like when I took off my shoes.  And I was right.  Five bright red piggies that were swollen up like little sausages.  And after I sat down, I started to feel the familiar pain.  I quickly turned up the stimulator.  In fact, I turned it up pretty high.  After about 30 minutes, the pain was mostly gone, the color was normal, and the sausages were replaced by toes.  But the tingling is intense enough to be really disconcerting.  I plan to turn it down as soon as I'm sure the coast is clear.

I'd like to blame it on the comfy sneakers, but I suppose it is possible the walk and the ridiculously high heels were contributing factors.  It is good to know the stimulator works.  All the same, maybe I'll dial the activity down just a bit tomorrow. Or at least the heel height.

No comments:

Post a Comment