Thursday, October 2, 2014

10/2/14. The post where I make a good recovery.

10/2/14: rough night last night, but I felt a little better this morning.  It took nearly an hour to remove my dressing, clean up my incision, carefully wash my hair, and redress my incision.  My patient, long-suffering husband helped me redress it, which required him to stand on a step ladder.  In retrospect, I imagine we made quite a sight.  Two weeks until the stitches are removed, and I'm supposed to go through this ceremony every day until then.  Not sure that's going to happen.  The good news?  I got the pathology result back today and it was benign.  Whew.

I got back to work mid-morning, with nothing but a bandaid on my head to indicate that anything was out of the ordinary.  My head was still pounding, but I made it through the work day.  To reward myself, I went with my friend to the open house of a new spa and then back to their house for pizza.  Not a bad recovery day.

Tomorrow is already Friday, and then another weekend with few obligations and plenty of recovery time.  And a 20% off coupon for a massage from the spa open house.  Things are looking up!


No comments:

Post a Comment