Friday, October 3, 2014

10/3/14. The post where I have a strange episode.

10/3/14: after my post last night, we were treated to a spectacular lightning show.  As I may have told you before, our house is on a bluff on the northwest side of town, so we have a great view of the city as well as a view for miles to the east.  There were some serious storms to the east last night, so we stood on the deck and watched the lightning for a long time.  The storms continued way past bedtime, so we went to bed, opened our curtains, and fell asleep still watching the lightning.  While I hope no one was injured or had property damage due to the late night storms, they were beautiful from a distance.  

Morning came early, but I felt pretty good, so I went for my customary pre-work walk.  Then it was time to remove my bandaid.  ("Alex, I'll take 'Things that Suck' for $200.")  Even after completely soaking it, it refused to let go of my hair.  When I finally wrestled it loose, there was a big chunk of hair attached to the bandaid.  Yep, they should have just shaved the hair around it.  My patient, long-suffering husband redressed it and fixed my hair to cover the bandaid.  He is becoming quite the hair stylist.

I had a good day at work and came home and decided to make dinner for the first time this week since I was feeling better.  After about an hour on my feet, I looked down and my foot was pretty red.  It didn't hurt, but it was really buzzing and feeling strange, so I decided to sit down for a bit.  After awhile, the color died down a little, but the buzzing got more intense and my foot started itching and cramping. It also felt warm and I have a feeling that without the stimulator, I would have been in serious pain.  Despite the vibrating, I finally decided I'd better turn up the volume.  I did and all the weird symptoms went away, although my entire leg is now vibrating like crazy.  I hope I can turn it back down in the morning, but I want to make sure whatever happened is completely gone.  I guess I learned tonight that this thing is not going down without a fight. But, guess what? Neither am I. And I would recommend putting your money on me.  

Another thing I learned today? November 3 is CRPS Awareness Day.  (Yes, everything has an awareness day these days.)  I will remind you as the date approaches, but there is an initiative called Color the World Orange.  Orange is the "official" ribbon color for RSD/CRPS, meant to symbolize fire.  (Get it? Fire? Burning pain? There are a million more CRPS puns where that came from, and all of them are available on tee shirts.)  So start checking your closet for orange clothes, because I will ask you to wear them on November 3.  Sorry I didn't pick a disorder with a more attractive color.  If it makes you feel better, I don't look good in orange, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment