Sunday, October 12, 2014

10/12/14. The post where I tell you about my weekend.

10/12/14: if there is one word I would use to sum up the weekend, it would be...FOOD!  Mom and Dad got in around lunch time Saturday, and it seems like we never stopped eating.  My kind of weekend.  We had a wonderful time cooking, eating, drinking, watching sports, and catching up.  It will take me several days to catch up on my diet, but it was totally worth it.  

I also started doing a little car research.  Rather than getting me excited about a new car, it just made me confused and depressed.  I don't want a new car.  I want my car...minus the whole "breaking down in the middle of nowhere" thing, of course.  Since that seems pretty unlikely at this point, though, I guess I need to get over it and start looking in earnest.

Late this afternoon, I went to my first dance rehearsal for the musical.  Yes, I said dance rehearsal.  Just what the doctor ordered.  Okay, technically probably the opposite of what the doctor ordered.  But I was determined to try it.  And I'll be honest, it didn't feel great.  But I made it.  This was another reminder that I am not cured and that the new normal is very different than the old one.  I keep reminding myself that I am not doing any physical damage with activity, regardless of how it feels.  Next time, I will turn the stimulator up at the beginning of the rehearsal and see if that helps.  We're experimenting right now, remember? 

Looking forward to a short work week before a long weekend trip with friends.  Presuming we can continue to be a one-car family for a few more days, I should be able to spend more time carefully pondering my next form of transportation.  I only have a few requirements: unique, stylish, safe, reliable, fun to drive, fuel efficient, and packed with all the latest options and conveniences.  Oh, and did I mention cheap?  Let me know if you come up with anything that fits the bill.




No comments:

Post a Comment