Wednesday, October 1, 2014

10/1/14. The post where my head hurts.

10/1/14:  can't believe I thought I was going to work today.  Once the local anesthetic wore off, my head started hurting like half my skull had been removed.  And for all I know, it was.  Guess I won't know for sure until I take the dressing off.  

My alarm went off this morning and with my first movement, it was clear I would not be going anywhere.  It was nearly noon before I could sit up for more than a few minutes at a time.  With all of my various medical malfunctions, I have been very fortunate most of my life when it comes to headaches.  I rarely have headaches that aren't associated with seasonal allergies, and I've never had a migraine.  I also thought that after CRPS, no other pain would affect me.  I've never had pain like this in my head before, though, and I hope never to have it again.  In the long run, it's better that I had the cyst removed and I'm glad it's over, but right now I am not too pleased about the result.  I have a small list of other necessary medical tests that I have been saving until after I had my foot under control, and I think I will wait a few more months before taking care of the rest of them.

On the bright side, my generator hip is feeling better. Or at least my head pain is taking my mind off it.  I'm optimistic I will feel better tomorrow, in which case I will be back in the office after I remove my dressing and treat the incision.  I know my co-workers will be disappointed not to see me with the dressing on, but hey, Halloween is less than a month away. Maybe The Mummy will make another appearance.

1 comment:

  1. It has been quite a long time now, and I'm sure the pain has completely subsided by this point. However, your post is still a welcome jolt that catapults one back at that moment of disorientation and all the pain you felt back then. What's even greater is that it could be a nice bit of reference for anyone who'll experience the same. Thanks for sharing that! I hope you are faring better these days.

    Aubrey Holloway @ Primary Care AK

    ReplyDelete