Wednesday, October 22, 2014

10/22/14. The post where things are looking up.

10/22/14: my alarm did not go off this morning.  That is the second time this has happened since I got my new phone.  The first time it happened I woke up at alarm time anyway, but this morning I was so tired I didn't wake up until almost an hour later.  I had to skip my walk to catch up so that I wasn't too late to work.  It was nice to have the extra sleep and I didn't have any early morning meetings, but I guess I need to resolve it soon, before I get a reputation. 

It was another busy day at work.  In addition, I completed the paperwork to sell my old car, got a haircut, and went to choir practice.  I've quickly learned that having short sassy hair comes in handy when you drive a convertible.  Another interesting thing I've learned - when I drive my car with the top down at slow speeds, my health monitor thinks I am riding my bike!  While it would be nice if my body were also confused, I seriously doubt I am burning cycling-level calories while driving.  Speaking of which, I hope to be riding again in November.  So far, it is looking good.  

In fact, most things are looking (and feeling) good.  Mom continues to feel better every day and all of her latest tests look great.  My patient, long-suffering husband is continuing to make progress with his physical therapy and hopes to be back on his bike soon as well.  My head is feeling a lot better.  The incision is still a little raw and according to my patient, long-suffering husband and my hair stylist, I still have a small divot where the cyst used to be, but I can put it in the win column.  I am also officially drug-free.  Well, okay, I am still taking allergy medicine and vitamins, but I am officially CRPS-related drug-free.  Which has done wonders for my stomach.  Now that I have a functioning car again, things are just about normal.  My new phone still has a few glitches in addition to the alarm app issue, but my patient, long-suffering husband is on it like a hipster on the hunt for a new food trailer.  My stimulator continues to buzz away, doing its thing.  It's been a tough year in many ways, but things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment