Wednesday, April 16, 2014

4/16/14. The post where I wait for tomorrow.

4/16/14:  what a difference a good night's sleep can make.  I spent most of yesterday in the 7-8 range, but I got to bed at an early hour (for me) and woke up this morning at a 6.  While a pain level of 6 may not sound that great (and doesn't normally feel that great), in comparison with the previous day it was awesome.  

I had a fairly normal day.  Since I am going to be out of the office for the next three work days, I was quite busy tying up loose ends.  After work, I went to PT, where I did the usual treadmill and exercise bike. My PT complimented me on my good attitude compared to other patients with similar issues and told me it would go a long way in aiding in my healing process.  Gold star for me!  I ended the day with choir rehearsal, our last one before Good Friday and Easter services. By the end of rehearsal, the pain level had started creeping up again, but all in all it was a pretty good day.

Tomorrow, in contrast, will not be a normal day, although I hope it will also be a good one.  It starts with the nerve conduction study I mentioned yesterday, then a three hour drive to my parents' home to accompany them to Mom's oncologist appointment.  It will be an important appointment, where we discuss her treatment strategy and schedule.  (Many of you have asked for an update on her progress.  She is recovering from her surgery like a champ and preparing for the next chapter in her own saga. Gold star for her, too! I came by my good attitude honestly.)

One more reason tomorrow won't be normal - I will meet my new niece for the first time!  She is nearly six weeks old and she made her first visit to see my parents today, accompanied by my brother, his lovely wife and my two year old nephew.  I'm looking forward to seeing them all and hearing about their travel adventure, which I can only imagine must have been interesting.

I should have lots to report the next time I check in.  In the meantime, I'm hoping for another good night's sleep. Because I suspect I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment