Saturday, April 5, 2014

4/5/14. The post where I'm still a little spaced out.

4/5/14: didn't sleep as long as I would have liked, but I slept well when I was sleeping, so...yippee!  I was groggy through the entire day.  My foot is really tingling and buzzing, with periodic pain - kind of what I expected and nothing unbearable.

For insurance-related reasons, yesterday's nerve block took place in a surgical center (aka tiny hospital) rather than in my doctor's office.  As a result, it felt a little more serious.  There was a lot more paperwork, a lot more monitoring before and after the procedure, and a lot more post-procedure instructions.  Not to mention a lot of additional fees, which made me hope even more that this is the last one.

I had a very low-key day. I did a little vacation planning and a friend took me to lunch.  As long as I am concentrating on something, I am pretty lucid.  But if I get distracted for a moment, I start feeling spaced out again.  My post-procedure instructions included not making any "important or legally binding" decisions for a day or so.  I guess that hostile takeover bid will have to wait another day.  It was hard enough reading the menu at lunch.  I'll have one more day to rest before what I'm hoping is a fairly normal week. No travel or medical procedures planned, other than a return to PT after a nearly four-week hiatus.

If this nerve block works like I hope it will, I can kick into a higher gear at PT (and in my life), which was the purpose of the series of nerve blocks.  It's time.  It's spring and there are bicycles to be ridden.  Trails to be walked.  Wildflowers to be viewed. Vacations to be taken.  (And swimsuits to be worn.) I have a lot of things on my to-do list, but sitting around the house is not one of them.  Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment