Sunday, April 6, 2014

4/6/14. The post where I get sick and tired of nerve blocks and cold, rainy days.

4/6/14: slept amazingly well last night despite my foot feeling miserable when I went to bed and when I woke up.  (I've given up trying to use the pain level system for the time being.  It's a little too complicated with the addition of the tingling sensation.)  The second day after the nerve block is always the day I regret having had it, and today was no exception.

I tried to take it easy most of the day, but by mid-afternoon, my inner organizational demon got the best of me and I sprung into action.   When it was time to leave for my weekly Lenten group evening get-together, I had reorganized the linen closet, finished the laundry, ironed about three months' worth of clothes, and moved all my spring and summer clothes into my closet from their winter hiding place. I don't know if all the activity was a good idea or not, but it kept my mind occupied and made the time go more quickly.  It also convinced me that I was in good enough shape to drive and interact with other humans.

I may be too easily convinced.  I had a great meal and enjoyed the discussion with the Lenten group, but I still didn't feel like myself.  Maybe the effects of the sedation hadn't quite worn off.  Maybe I was just a little off after a quiet weekend. Or maybe I'm just sick and tired of nerve blocks and cold, rainy days.  (The weather has been cool and rainy since yesterday evening, which hasn't helped my foot or my attitude.)  My post-procedure instructions said it could take up to 72 hours to feel the effects, so I'll give it another day before I admit defeat on the nerve block, but it's not looking too promising for the good guys right now.  

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and sunny.  Sounds like a good day for a breakthrough.  In any event, at least it sounds like a good day to wear freshly ironed spring clothes.  Which I just happen to have handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment