Sunday, April 27, 2014

4/27/14. The post where I declare a minor victory. (I think.)

4/27/14:  used the cream again just before bed and by the time I woke up, any relief it may have provided was long gone.  I did sleep pretty well, though, so I'll have to presume it worked to some extent.

knew it was going to be a hot day, so I got up and did my homemade version of PT before church.  A slow walk around the block, then 10 minutes on the bike, then my core-strengthening exercises.  I am not supposed to shower after using the cream, so I waited to apply it until just before I left for church.  I've used it one more time since then and the pattern seems to be the same.  Takes a while to kick in, then a little relief for about an hour or so.  Unless it is coincidence, I think I can tell when it wears off because my foot turns bright red and feels worse.  Unfortunately, that happens after about one and a half or two hours, and by my calculation, I shouldn't use it more than about once every four hours.  

Still, it appears to be doing something.  Which is more than I can say for the over-the-counter creams.  Or the Aleve.  Or the anti-inflammatories.  Or the Lyrica.  Or the four nerve blocks.  I'll give it a solid C and keep using it.  Today was a relatively restful day for me - a small calm before the storm that is the week ahead.  We'll see if the cream gets as good a grade on a crazier day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment